Gerald (Jerry) L. Huffman
A.F.M., A.L.C., A.F.I.S.
More About Jerry
Graduated from Galva Community High School. National Honor Society President.
Graduated from Illinois State University with Bachelor of Science in Agri-Business and a Farm Management Degree with a Business minor. Member of Alpha Zeta Honorary Fraternity.
- University Food Services
- Employed on a grain farm – seasonal harvest and planting
- Family grain and livestock farm
- Construction of steel buildings – summer employment
June 1978 through August 1996, worked for a local bank in the Agricultural Services Department. Responsibilities included farm management of 12,500 acres in Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota and also assisting with the Trust Department activities. In 1995 became an Agriculture Services Department Manager and Assistant Vice President.
August 1996 joined Green Farm Management Service, Inc. as a Farm Manager, Insurance Broker, and Real Estate Broker.
- Advanced Farm management School – American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- Illinois Central College – Real Estate Classes including Fair Housing, Rights and Duties, Contracts and Conveyances, Appraisal, Financing, Leasing and Agency.
- Illinois Pesticide – Private Applicator and Purchasing License
- Private Sewage Disposal System – Installer’s License
- American Bankers Association – Various banking and money courses
- Real Estate Broker
- Insurance Broker
- Accredited Farm manager Degree (A.F.M.) – Received in 1990 (1 of 540 throughout the United States and Canada)
- Agribusiness and Farm Insurance Specialist (A.F.I.S.) received in 2004
- Approximately 60 hours of yearly classroom Continuing Education courses for real estate, insurance brokerage licenses and A.F.M. credentials
- C.D.L. (Commercial Drivers License – Hazardous Material Endorsement
- State certified by the Illinois Fire Marshall’s Office
- Firefighter III – State test passed in 1990
- State Medical Certification – First Responder
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- American Society of Farm managers and Rural Appraisers
- Illinois Society of Professional Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- Henry County Farm Bureau
- Realtors Land Institute
- Accredited Land Consultant
- Real Estate Broker License, State of Illinois
- Insurance Broker, State of Illinois
- Insurance Broker, State of Minnesota
- Insurance Broker, State of Kansas
- Agricultural Occupations Advisory Council
Family grain farm still in operation and owner of agricultural land in Henry County, Illinois
- Washington Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad – Past President of the Board of Directors
- Washington Fire Department – Past Member
- Kickappo Girl Scout Council – Past Board Member At-Large
- Agricultural Occupations Advisory Council at Illinois Central College – Past Board Member
- Seed hybrid test plot coordinator
- Our Savior Lutheran Church, Washington, IL – Trustee and Member
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, Peoria, IL – Member
- Board Nominating Committee – Kickapoo Council of Girl Scouts
- Fundraising Committee – Friends of Girl Scouts
- Peoria Rotary Club